Last updated: 22/05/2019Scope of the policy This policy is provided for TTT customers, including learners and staff members who are using or delivering the courses or qualifications TTT offer. Location of the policy
This policy is available for all staff members, third parties and learners to access. The most up to date version of the policy is available on our website www.theteachertrainer.co.uk.Communication of the policy It is important that staff involved in the management, delivery, assessment and quality assurance of nationally recognised qualifications and learners undertaking these qualifications, are fully aware of the contents of the policy. Review of the policy TTT will review the policy annually and/or revise it as and when required. The review process includes analysis of monitoring data, consultation with and feedback from customers, learners, clients, staff and other stakeholders, changes in practices, actions required by Awarding Organisations or changes in legislation to determine the impact of the policy and any action required. Our review will ensure that our procedures continue to be consistent with the regulatory criteria and are applied properly and fairly in arriving at judgements. Policy Statement Internal verification is a key part of TTT internal quality assurance system. Internal verification at TTT is concerned with being accurate, consistent and ensuring all learners have access to quality assessments that are fair and are of a high quality, which results in achievements. Statement of principles
TTT will ensure all assessment and internal quality assurance activities conform to the qualification specification and the Awarding Organisation’s standards. We will ensure that all evidence is valid, authentic, reliable, current and sufficient (VACSR).TTT will produce a sampling plan detailing our internal quality assurance activities and monitor this on a regular basis. We will ensure that assessor(s) meet on a quarterly basis (depending on the requirements of the qualification) to share good practice and identify areas for improvements. These meetings will be documented, and actions monitored. We will hold regular standardisation and team meetings with assessors, tutors and the IQA. As a minimum, these will be on a quarterly basis (depending on the requirements of the qualification). The findings of these will be used to inform annual appraisals, and training and development needs. They will also be used to update centre staff on any qualification or Awarding Organisation information. Example Standardisation Meeting Agenda:
- Actions from previous standardisation meetings
- Resources, H&S, E&D issues, etc.
- Progression and achievement of learners
- Examples of learners work to standardise
- Good practice from assessors
- Areas for improvements
- Internal quality assurance reports
- External quality assurance reports
- Awarding Organisation and qualification updates
- Interim sampling: This is about dipping into the assessment process whilst the candidate is at different stages. This ensures that the assessment of the candidate is proceeding satisfactorily following the principles of plan, judge and feedback. Assessors might be observed, and learners might be interviewed in this quality assurance process.
- Summative sampling: This is what involves the Internal Quality Assurer (IQA) reviewing the quality of the assessment decisions by the Assessor. The IQA should be able to follow an audit trail, which clearly demonstrates that the Assessor has checked the validity, authenticity, reliability, currency and sufficiency (VACSR) of the evidence presented.
- Learner’s names
- IQA & Assessor’s Names
- Qualification & Levels
- Planned Date & Actual Sampling Date
- Planned interim/summative sampling updated to show actual sampling undertaken including unit number and type of assessment sampled
We will ensure that all assessors, tutors and IQA (who deliver, assess and verify on the qualifications we offer) are suitably qualified and experienced. All centre staff members will receive access to regular, continuous professional development (CPD).